CrossFit Now – CrossFit
* We have some max-ish effort interval training today! We are looking for folk to put their pedal to metal in every round.
* The overall “working out” time is between 8:00-12:00 depending on how fast each interval is completed.
* We want our athletes to aim for sub-2:00 rounds, giving at least 1:00 of rest before starting the next round.
* This workout is scored by adding up the total time it takes to complete a round. For example:
* R#1: 1:45 + R#2: 1:50 + R#3: 1:50 + R#4: 1:45 + R#5: 1:40 = Total Time: 8:50 (Score)
* Box Jump Over: If stepping off the box, once the athlete gets to the other side, suggest they breathe while turning around. Once facing the box, jump straight away. For athletes moving quickly over the box, cue them to stay low over the box and land in a position (facing the box) that enables a quicker next rep.
* DB Front Squat: If load allows, athletes should Squat Clean the first rep and stay smooth across all reps. A :1-:2 pause at the top may be the right call for some. Be sure to check in on the foot width of your athletes. A narrow stance could limit depth and keeping an upright torso.
* Calorie Row: Go time! Smooth on the chain, with a higher stroke rate per minute 30+ This will mean punching the hands back towards the knees quicker than normal. Remind your athletes that going fast doesn’t mean moving poorly. At the Catch Position, do not let the chest collapse onto the thighs. During the Drive Phase, push back with legs like a piston.
“Rugrats Gone Wild” (5 Rounds for time)
“Rugrats Gone Wild”
Every 3:00 x 5 Rounds
9 Box Jump Overs
12 Dumbbell Front Squats
15/12 Calorie Row
12/8 Cal Bike or 200m Run
RX+-Double DB 50/35#, 24/20″
RX-Single DB 35/20#, 24/20″
50-59-Single DB 20/15#, 20/16″
60+-Single DB 15/10#, Step Ups, 12/8 Cal Row
Basics-7 Step Ups, 9 10/8# DB FS
12/8 Cal Row