CrossFit Now – CrossFit
* A “grunt work” workout. Faster rounds than yesterday, but with simpler movements.
* Rounds will average ~2:00
* We are looking for our athletes to aim for 5-7 rounds
* Three relatively simple movements, but challenging when combined.
* The Lateral Burpee Over DB and DB Box Step-Over are quite similar in terms of hip function. This constant flexion of the hip will create havoc on the spine. This is a hot spot to watch for.
LATERAL BURPEE OVER THE DUMBBELL
* Two-feet leave the ground at the same time.
DUMBBELL BOX STEP-OVER
* Performed with one dumbbell supported in any appropriate style (i.e., by the side; on the shoulder; in the front rack with both hands, etc.)
* Although only 10 reps, with the fast turnover it will get grippy quick. Consider having your athletes take deliberate :5 breaks.
SINGLE-ARM CLEAN & JERK
* One dumbbell – ground to shoulder to overhead
* Perform 6 reps on the right side and 6 reps on the left side. Athletes can manage the reps however they like, as long as 6 are performed on each side every round.
* Coming off the DB Box Step-Over, grip may become a factor. Consider having your athletes use a hook grip and/or flash open the fingers (loosen the grip slightly), as the DB is being lowered from the shoulder to the ground.
“Single tasking… Kinda” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
8 Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbell
10 Dumbbell Box Step-Overs
12 Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean & Jerk
Basics-8 AMRAP, Light DB
Gymnastics Pressing (No Measure)
10:00 for Gymnastics Pressing Stamina
3-5 Rounds Not For Time:
5 Strict Handstand Push-ups (or Strict Dumbbell Press)
5 Strict Ring Dips (or Jumping Ring Dip w/ :2 pause at the top)
5 Push-ups (or Push-Ups w/ knees on the floor)
(*Ring Dips can also be performed as a Bench or Box Dip)