CrossFit Now – CrossFit
* A classic gasser!!!!!! This one is fast and there is no place to hide!
* 10-minute workout
* There is a lot of ‘jump and land’ between the Box Jump Over & Hang Squat Snatch, which keep the heart rate high.
* Remind your athletes that the legs are going to
* Athlete can shoot for 2-2:30 minute rounds.
* Goal: 4-5 Rounds
BOX JUMP OVER
* A very familiar movement that will elevate the heart rate considerably.
HANG SQUAT SNATCH
* A jump and land in an overhead squat – from the hang! Woof! This will demand a lot of the lower back and lats.
* Let’s keep a close eye on loading for this movement. It’s another sneaky one that could have some athlete breaking way more than needed for this time domain. Lighter is better here!
* Stepping off the box will lower the heart rate and may not take up too much time.
* The Hang Squat Snatch will get very grippy fast and athletes will not be a rush to squat fast after the Box Jump Overs.
* More breaks is better even though it is only 10 reps. Consider a 5-5 or 5-3-2 with quick breaks.
* Just be ready to jump on the box after the snatches. Have your athletes jump higher than they think they will need – the legs will feel incredibly heavy towards the second half of the workout.
“Clean Shave” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
10 Box Jump Overs
10 Hang Squat Snatches
200m Run, 12/9 Cal Bike
60+-55/35#, Step Overs
Basics-No more than 3 Rounds
Step Overs, PVC/BB
400M FARMERS CARRY (Time)
400m Farmers Carry
Tempo Front Squats (6 x 2 Tempo Front Squats )
2 Tempo Front Squats – :5 Seconds Down – No Pause – Up
(The Goal: Try to pull the torso taller and taller during descent)