CrossFit Now – CrossFit
* 25:00 workout.
* Scoring – total amount of reps
* Log Rounds & Reps for each separate AMRAP
* This will be a GRIP-FEST for AMRAPS 1 & 2, and steady singles for AMRAP 3.
* The lower back is likely to feel it too. Lots of bending at the hip today!
* We have increasing loads and descending reps across each AMRAP:
* 1) 27 reps = 95/65 — 2) 21 = 115/85 — 3) 15 = 135/95
* Time spent here will fall between 1:00-2:00 for each.
BURPEES (all three variations)
* Each AMRAP presents a more challenging variation, but the good news is…the reps go down!
* Each variations of Burpees will average ~:90 give or take :30.
* 27/21 Cals = 2:00-3:00
* 21/15 Cals = 1:30-2:00
* 15/12 Cals = ~1:00
* There’s not much to say about this, outside of…yikes! Choose your calories wisely and a number that will push you to finish within the 5:00 AMRAP. This will be a harder option than selecting too many calories and not getting close (less incentive to push).
* For the Power Snatch – dropping and resetting is easier on the posterior chain (hamstrings and spinal erectors specifically), than cycling.
* Attempt to complete a big set in each round, then massively reduce the reps, and finally go to singles. We have to keep moving in this short 5:00 AMRAP. But, with short scheduled breaks we can sometimes get to the end quicker than “holding on”.
* The burpees will be feel like they’re never ending in the first AMRAP. Telling yourself, “Just one more rep. One more rep,” is an easier way to approach a big number like 27. Breath big at the top of all Burpees. Breathing on the floor is hard.
* Assault Bike – Get what you can! Remember, there is a long 5:00 break after the bike. Coming off the Burpee, allow yourself to ease into the bike. Then, push hard and finish strong.
“Five O’Clock Somewhere” (3 Rounds for reps)
“Five O’Clock Somewhere”
27 Power Snatches
27/21 Calorie Assault Bike
21 Power Snatches
21 Lateral Barbell Burpees
21/15 Calorie Assault BIke
15 Power Snatches
15 Barbell Facing Burpees
15/12 Calorie Assault Bike
36/27, 27/21, 21/15 Cal Row
RX-M-75/95/115, W- 55/65/85
50-59-M- 65/75/95 W-45/55/65
60+- 21-15-9 Reps, Step Over Bar
Basics -15-12-9 Reps, PVC/BB, Step Over Burpees